This is "Module 10 – Update Tasks in Project Task Board", which is part of a series on "How to create a Kanban Board in SharePoint Linked Dynamically to Microsoft Project Task Board".
72. Now let us do a little testing with Microsoft Project. Go to My Project which is the original SharePoint list
73. Click on the List tab and List Settings
74. Click on Board Status
75. Change to Single Line of Text and click on OK
76. Navigate back to My Project SharePoint List, click on the List tab and Open with Project
77. Microsoft Project will open and sync with the Task List in SharePoint
78. By navigating to the Task Board view, you will notice that Task 4 has been added to the To Do bucket and Task 3 now appears within In Progress (You may need to click on Gantt Chart and click on Task Board again to get the view to refresh).
79. You will notice that the Task Board within MS Project is in exact alignment with the Kanban board in SharePoint
80. Drag Task 2 to Done
81. Click on Save in the Quick Launch in the upper left
82. The Kanban within SharePoint will be updated dynamically to align with MS Project.
83. Click on >File, >Close
Final note: When working within Project, ensure that Board Status column of the Task list is set to Single Line of Text. When working with SharePoint, ensure the Board Status column is set to Choice.
You may find this of value: