Extract from Website:
Project management is a growing discipline that spans many roles and departments within a wide variety of organizations. Microsoft Office Project has helped users around the world manage their businesses. In fact, today over 16 million user licenses of Microsoft Office Project have been sold, making it the leading project management client in the world.
As project management has grown, organizations have asked Microsoft to help make it easier to identify individuals that have knowledge and expertise in the field and with Microsoft Office Project and the Microsoft Office EPM Solution. The Microsoft Office Project 2007 Certification program was created to help make the identification of skilled project managers easier.More Than Product Training
Microsoft Office Project 2007 certification is much more than just certification on a product. This program is specifically designed to help project managers apply and fully benefit from the leading standard in project management best practices and methodologies as established by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Microsoft Office Project 2007 certification is aligned with PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge
), enabling project managers that build on this foundational work to translate their skills directly to their day-to-day activities. The result is better project
outcomes, greater efficiency, and maximum value from our products.
This certification program also aligns with Microsoft’s support for the people-ready business, the company’s commitment to prepare users with critical skills and competencies that lead to successful
project outcomes and greater efficiencies.
Microsoft Office Project users can distinguish themselves in project management by attaining any of the four credentials of Microsoft Project Management certification.
Certification benefits by user include:
- Desktop Technology Specialist. Demonstrates competency in the use of Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 to plan and control projects.
- EPM Technology Specialist. Demonstrates competency in the use of the Microsoft Office EPM Solution to plan and control projects.
- EPM Professional. Demonstrates competency of
experienced project management practitioners in the application of the Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 solution to the management of
projects, including multiple projects and programs.
- Portfolio Professional. Demonstrates competency of
experienced project management practitioners in the portfolio
capabilities of Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server, which enables organizations to report, analyze, and make business decisions.
- Project Managers. Certification allows Project Managers to demonstrate and validate their application and tools competencies that map to PMI’s standards in various “knowledge areas” like Project Scope and Time Management, Cost Management, Human Resource Management, Risk Identification and Analysis, and more.
- IT Professionals. Certification helps ensure consistent user practices that simplify design, deployment, and system administration for better supportability and reliability.
- Business Decision Makers. Certification Helps match qualified project managers to specific project management roles and allows organizations to optimize project resource and work pipeline planning.
- EPM Partners. Extends the EPM University (EPMU) program to accelerate the ramp-up of staff and demonstrates a high quality bar to customers. EPMU delivers certification and curriculum to help partners and IT professionals design and implement EPM solutions.
Preparation for CertificationPurchase MS Project Here Purchase MS Project Books Here
New training materials help prepare users for certification. These training materials are used by full-service independent Microsoft Certified Partners for Learning Solutions (CPLS) technology partners to deliver classroom or on-site training. Microsoft CPLSs are members of the Microsoft Partner Program that have earned the Learning Solutions competency.
See related article "Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Exam"